Dan combines his professional expertise as a mediator, his academic background in mental health from a public health perspective, and his personal lived experience with bipolar disorder to craft engaging keynotes.
He is known for his passion, his sense of humor, and his focus on making an impact – he leaves each audience with tailored takeaway tools they can carry forward into their professional practices and their personal lives.
- Tools to Prevent Microaggressions and Discrimination
Offensive comments and disparate treatment can happen inadvertently due to unconscious bias. This program uses published examples of microaggressions and discrimination to introduce takeaway tools people can use to prevent them. Learn to address challenging behaviors, be accessible, and de-escalate conflicts due to prejudice.
- Talking Mental Health at Work
A fifth of us experience a diagnosable mental health problem each year and it impacts the workplace. Whether they want to maximize productivity or minimize liability, managers need to be ready to talk about mental health at work. Learn when and how to have these conversations.
- Empowering Mental Health Communication
Mental illness is confusing, and it is easy to fall into the traps of paternalism, assumptions, and stigma. Learn conflict-resolution techniques to help you say the right things, support diverse choices, and have fruitful conversations about mental health.
- Ready for Anything: Being Prepared for Challenging Behaviors
Too often, people end up improvising when they encounter challenging client and employee behaviors. Planning ahead for emergencies, disruptions, and disconnects enables us to feel comfortable, be consistent, and achieve better outcomes. Learn a framework to help you be ready for these challenges when they occur.
- New York State Council of Divorce Mediation
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
- The Association for Conflict Resolution
- The American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution
- The Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- The Supportive Housing Network of New York
- The Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion
- The New York City Peer Specialist Conference
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- The All Ivy League Mental Health Conference
- The Columbia Mental Health Stigma Conference
- The International Association of Peer Supporters